October 1-2, 2017
Polanica Zdrój, Poland
LSW Chair: Arthur Tykocinski, MD, FISHRS | Brazil
LSW Co-Chair: Jerzy R. Kolasinski, MD, PhD, FISHRS | Poland
World Live Surgery Workshop: FUE IMMERSION
- Top class world faculty
- Detailed technical explanations, not a “show off” workshop
- Designed to be the best possible learning experience: intermediate/advanced FUE level and experienced
- FUT surgeons
- Evaluation of top equipment & techniques: strengths and weaknesses
- Graft quality control and live video evaluation
- Punch: sharp x hybrid x dull
- Top tips from experts
- Patient planning, logistics, and donor area management
- Optimizing staff
- Different clinical setups
- Opticals and lights for FUE
- Ergonomics for patient and surgeon
Transfers Provided To/From Prague
General Itinerary (tentative and subject to change):
- Saturday/September 30, 2017 – Arrivals to Prague for those attending Live Surgery Workshop. Several motor coaches will be arranged for transfers – morning, afternoon, evening. Registrants will sign-up in advance for the transfer time. The distance between Prague and Polanica Zdrój is approximately 200km; or 2.5 hours by motor coach. Welcome cocktail in the evening at the primary hotel in Polanica Zdrój.
- Sunday/October 1, 2017 – Basic Lectures with breakfast in early morning, for those signed up. All others have breakfast in their hotels on their own (breakfast is included with room rate). Regular Lectures begin at 9:00AM. Lunch for attendees, and then live surgery observational in the hospital. Evening on own or optional organized event (to be determined).
- Monday/October 2, 2017 – Breakfast on own in hotels. 9:00AM Lectures, followed by lunch and then live surgery observational in the hospital. Organized conclusion party in the evening. Special motor coach back to Prague for those sitting for the ABHRS Oral Exam the following day.
- Tuesday/October 3, 2017 – Mid-morning, motor coach transfers back to Prague.
Polanica Zdrój is a charming spa town situated at the foot of the Bystrzyckie Mountains. In spite of its inconspicuous size it is an important place on the medical map of Poland. It is from Polanica Zdrój where the development of the plastic surgery in Poland began.
Polanica Zdrój has a unique atmosphere and charm that will delight everyone. Its unique location makes the summers warm and winters not too severe. The surrounding forested hills also have a mitigating effect on the climate.
“The forest is said to be a great ally of medicinal waters, which together with them promotes the healing process. Therapeutic effects of staying in the forest can be clearly seen when people need rest, worked and neurotic. ” (Based on. Bedeker Polanicki, Z. Franczukowski)
The town is walkable, with a beautiful park, common areas, and many restaurants. We have built the program to include accommodations in several small and excellent hotels around the hospital. All can walk to and from the hotels and hospital. Imagine small, winding streets, mild hills, with woods all around. Dress appropriately and you will enjoy immensely!
Specjalistyczne Centrum Medyczne S.A.
Jana Pawła II 2
State-of-the-art hospital, ready to welcome and excited to host for our Live Surgery Workshop!
After we confirm your workshop registration, then we will provide you with the list of ISHRS hotels.
Exhibit Table Opportunity
A limited number of table top exhibits will be available for ISHRS’s World Live Surgery Workshop: FUE IMMERSION. Click for information.
More information to come. Please check back!
There are many other tourist attractions in this region.